EVENTS & WEDDINGS
Sanbona is a place to relax and feel inspired, a magnificent reserve of 54,000 hectares where big cats roam free. Get away from it all and give your team the chance to focus on business strategy and development without being interrupted, in a truly relaxed and inspiring environment. An entire team-building experience can be tailored to suit your individual requirements, from star gazing, understanding conservation and retracing the steps of the San people, to tracking cheetah and getting a glimpse of the white lions that call Sanbona their home.
Activities could include: (Subject to availability, conditions apply)
- Morning and evening game drives – including a chance to see our famous white lions
- Bird watching – with more than 200 species, including Raptors, the beautiful Fish Eagle and five breeding pairs of Black Eagles
- Astronomy – learn about the stars that are so clearly visible here
- Archaeology – visit local archaeological sites and take part in guided ‘rock art’ walks
- Bush survival skills training – tailor-made activities to suit your team-building requirements
- Conservation and wildlife talks
- Botanical guides – to explain everything you need to know
- On-site spa
Contact us to book your special event at Sanbona Wildlife Reserve.
WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
There is no more romantic place for a Bush Wedding than at Sanbona Wildlife Reserve. We will put you in touch with suppliers and assist you will all aspects of your dream wilderness wedding at Sanbona including the:
- Cake: A one tier wedding cake of your choice, e.g. chocolate mousse, cheese cake, carrot cake or traditional fruit cake will be decorated with fresh flowers fitting in with the theme of your wedding (we require a 3 month window in order to provide a traditional fruit cake)
- Decor & flowers
- Spa & beauty treatments for the bride & guests
- Hair and Makeup
- Photography and/or videoing.
- Entertainment such a DJ and African Dancers.
- Witnesses: If the wedding couple is unaccompanied Sanbona staff will sign as witnesses. Please note that if your witnesses are not South African citizens, the Sanbona witnesses will have to counter sign as well
- Catering requirements
- Sole use game drive on wedding day. A sole use game drive with a sun downer stop including snacks and drinks after the wedding ceremony
- On-site coordinator: Kindly note that a 10% handling fee will apply should you require the on-site coordinator to arrange any of the additional services on your behalf
Time of the wedding
We recommend the ceremony to take place between 11h00 and 14h00, due to the travelling time involved for service suppliers. Alternative times would be at the discretion of the bridal couple, bearing in mind that service providers might choose to charge extra for overnight expenses.
If you honey moon is at Sanbona we will ensure you experience all the romance we can provide. You will find a special turn down in your room that includes a bottle of bubbly, a candlelit bath with bubble bath & flower petals, and your room will be glowing with candle light.
Enjoy a private dinner too. Our reservations staff will arrange all this for you.
Contact us to book your dream wedding and honeymoon at Sanbona Wildlife Reserve.