KIDS ON SAFARI
At Sanbona Wildlife Reserve, we promote nature conservation across everything we do, from our environmentally friendly Lodges, to the activities we offer you as a guest. Which is why we take great pride in offering children fun experiences at Sanbona that will create future conservationists for the good of our planet.
The Gondwana Family Lodge resembles a typical thatched Karoo homestead. With family rooms, a children’s activity room, spacious lawn, outdoor play area, and pool. Spending your vacation here ensures entertainment for the whole family.
Upon arrival at Sanbona, kids can expect to have the time of their life through our Kids on Safari packages. With exciting activities planned, interactive welcome packs and even child minding services on request, mom and dad won’t have to worry about a thing.
Outdoor Activities for Children
While kids under 4 years old are not permitted on game drives, there are a host of exciting adventures that await your little ones and mom and dad too, such as:
- Interpretive trail – This takes your kids through the garden of Gondwana, to learn about animals on the reserve as well as their tracks, important plants, and more.
- Sanbona Activity Book – An educational, fun and interactive book, teaching children about the wildlife at Sanbona while also encouraging them to get involved with everyone as they often require the ranger’s assistance to answer some of the questions.
Indoor Activities for Children
Should the weather not be in our favour, it doesn’t matter because Gondwana Family Lodge is prepared to accommodate the unpredictable Western Cape climate through:
- Arts and crafts
- Puzzles of varying sizes and difficulties covering a broad age range
- Documentary DVD’s on various conservation topics and animals as well as animated movies
Entertaining and educational children’s books
- A selection of fun board games
When travelling with little ones to Sanbona, it’s important to take note that:
- Children younger than 4 years are not permitted on game drives.
- Child minding is done by lodge staff at an additional cost and can be arranged with reservation prior to arrival.
- All swimming activities must be supervised by parents at all times.
- All children’s activities are age and weather dependant.
Contact us to book your family safari in the Little Karoo of South Africa’s Western Cape.